Already registered ? Log in
Fleurus - Napoleon’s Last Imperial Palace during the Campaign

Fleurus - Napoleon’s Last Imperial Palace during the Campaign

Credit : Photo : Synthèse - 981be

On the 16th of June 1815, Fleurus was impacted by the Battle of Ligny in which some of Napoleon’s troops
defeated the Prussian Army. Some edifices kept traces of this battle: the Moulin Naveau (Mill), where Napoleon set up camp to study the topography of the terrain; Château de Zualart (Castle), which housed his headquarters; Église Saint-Victor (Church), which was used as a hospital; and Château de la Paix (Castle), where he spent the night. His bedroom has been recreated here and is open to the public on appointment. The “personal” story which is hidden behind the “great” history is told here through artefacts and two educational films. The castle is labelled “Last Imperial Palace of the Emperor Napoleon on a campaign”.

Château de la Paix • Chemin de Mons 61 • 6220 Fleurus

Technical information

61 Chemin de Mons
6220 Fleurus
Lat : 50.4877467Lng : 4.5519984
149 m
239 d